Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Land Of Giants! Jet Boat! Fly Fishing!

Hello Friends.  So if I did not mention the Land Of the Giants to you before here is the scoop.
     There is a section of the Missouri River between Hauser Dam and Holter lake that holds probably the biggest wild trout in Montana maybe even in the whole country, the catch is, you can only float/ fish it with a Jet Boat.  There are people that wade fish this section but it is pretty deep which denies the access beyond a few feet from the bank, so with Jet Boat access from Holter lake at the Gates of the Mountains, you drive across the lake ( about 5 minutes ) and up the mouth of the Missouri river!  Once  we are up the river,  I kill the motor then row the Jet Boat downstream like a drift boat, and you fish for some of the biggest and hottest trout you have ever seen or felt tug on your line.  The average size is 22 inches, and around 5 pounds, and they get  even bigger...
    This is an amazing stretch and I am very excited about it.  During the spring ( late april through June)  the rainbows stack up like you would not believe and the Browns are there behind them chowing on there spawn, and like I said earlier they are huge and mean.  These are some of the hardest fighting fish I have ever fished for,  but the fishing is not that technical its just landing them that is the hard part, did I say hard, I meant fun.  But seriously they can be hard to land, and seriously they are fun to hook into!
    Right now I am awaiting the final stages of my U.S. Coast Guard Captains License to be completed. It should be just a few more days till it is done, but I wanted to put the word out there for anyone who is interested to give me a call, because this will book up fast, and there are not many fishing guides who are Captains in Montana which is a requirement for taking clients out in any boat with a motor.
   If I am sending you this it is because you are the clients that I want to have first on my list and like I said earlier.. I am really excited.
   So this is how it works:  This area is closest to Helena Mt. (about 15 miles), which if you are coming out just for this you should fly into Helena.  I will work on some links to some nice lodging soon.  If you are in Big Sky then we can talk about transportation.  It is about 2 and half hours from Big Sky so I am trying to have my clients meet me in Helena.  The time to come out....  May and June... while the rest of the rivers in Montana are blown out and this one is fishing the best.  The costs:  $625.00  ... It is a little more expensive than the regular float trips but it will be worth it!  And while you are there if you feel like it we can go drift boat float the famous Missouri River around Craig, Montana.  You can check out www.effersonoutfitters.com which is my business that will be running these trips, but I would rather you just call me 406-580-5752  or email me rsefferson@gmail.com and ask for details... I would love to talk about this.

Thank Y'all  Lets talk soon!
Sean Efferson


No comments:

Post a Comment